Current Personal Injury Positions
Paralegal - Brisbane CBD
Digital Marketing Manager - Personal Injury Law
Firths The Compensation Lawyers are searching for a highly creative and results driven Digital Marketing Manager to join our team.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will be reporting to the Business Development Manager and be responsible for managing the firm's digital marketing strategy to increase lead acquisition and conversions through organic and paid digital strategies.
Digital marketing strategies and execution are important to the firms’ growth strategy, so your role will play a crucial role in achieving our business goals and objectives.
- Plan, build and manage the overall digital marketing strategy.
- Manage and oversee various digital marketing channels and assets (Website, Facebook, GMB, etc)
- Measure CPA and provide regular reporting on SEO, CPC, Facebook, Google Analytics traffic and the progress of campaigns.
- Prepare and manage the digital marketing plan and budgets.
- Oversee all the company's social media and GMB accounts.
- Plan, manage and implement SEO, SEM & Social strategies to increase lead acquisition and conversions within the target CPA.
- Website management and development.
- Continually improve, develop and maintain quality content for all digital channels.
- Research and forecast future lead acquisition, conversions and performance trends.
- Ensure that strategies are both legally and privacy compliant.
- Keep abreast with industry and market trends and best practices.
- CRM development and management – EDMs and development of CRM strategies to increase brand awareness and new client/referrer leads.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in developing and implementing digital marketing strategies including managing AdWords/PPC campaigns, landing pages, rich snippets, graphic design, social media marketing and web design.
- Previous lead acquisition experience within the professional services industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience with media buyers
- Knowledge of Zapier and the integration of cloud-based systems.
- Knowledge of different digital marketing channels.
- Strong reporting skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in graphic and digital design.
- Experience in Adobe Design suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on our company’s success.
- Thinking “outside the box” and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
A generous remuneration package is also on offer for the right candidate.
Client Services / Paralegal
Firths The Compensation Lawyers are a leading law firm specialising in Compensation claims. We strive to find people who are motivated and passionate about what they do, who love working in a team environment and have great interpersonal skills and initiative. A professional & self-motivated client services / paralegal will join a busy, hardworking Sydney office to manage the inbound new client enquiries.
You will be the first point of contact for client enquiries for Motor Vehicle Accidents, Work Accidents, Public Liability Claims, Medical Negligence claims and Total and Permanent Disability claims. These responsibilities will include;
- Work as part of a team to take and process new client enquiries;
- Ensure enquiries are followed up within the set time frames;
- Liaise between the potential client and Solicitor to ensure clients receive great service;
- Manage and update software systems as required;
- Book new client appointments as required;
- Liaise with Management regarding issues, timeline scheduling and client problems;
- General administration tasks as directed.
- Administration functions including printing and saving correspondence;
- Sending and saving emails and correspondence;
- Copying, scanning and filing of paper and digital files;
- Actively assisting the team to ensure efficient work practices are maintained.
- Demonstrates the highest level of professionalism, empathy and responsibility;
- Experience in a similar customer service role is ideal but not essential;
- Customer Service skills are essential;
- Professional phone manner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to develop lasting relationships with clients;
- An ability to prioritise and escalate workflows and enquiries when required;
- Experience in a service based environment;
- An intermediate foundation of administration/ paralegal/ clerical skills in a legal or similar environment;
- An ability to maintain high quality work with exceptional attention to detail;
- Word processing skills;
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office suite;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
- Organised and professionally presented.
The right person will find the position very rewarding in all ways. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com