Aldi Compensation Claims
Aldi Supermarket Compensation Claims
Aldi has become one of the most popular supermarkets in Australia. In fact, the discount supermarket chain has more than 500 stores in Australia. While the company strives to uphold high standards, there are occasions whereby accidents happen.
If you shop at Aldi, you probably go in and get your shopping usually, go home, and everything is fine. However, there are rare occasions whereby accidents happen. If you have been injured while at an Aldi store, no matter whether you were doing your shopping, or you work there, you may be entitled to compensation.
What are the potential hazards at Aldi stores?
Aldi is known for their relatively small stores with products displayed in a warehouse-like setup. The number and variety of products found in one small space can potentially lead to several different in-store hazards.
Regardless, Aldi, like other business, has a responsibility to maintain a safe store. Some common grocery store safety issues that might present themselves at Aldi include:
- Pallets of products partially blocking narrow aisles
- Faulty refrigeration and freezer cases leaking water
- Food debris in produce areas
- Discarded boxes near the self-bagging counter
- Wet floors near the store’s entrance and exit from rain or snow
- Slick aisles if products leak from packages
When these kinds of safety concerns are present in a supermarket, they have the potential to cause slip and fall accidents if they are not identified and corrected
I have been injured while at Aldi, what do I do now?
If you have been injured due to an incident that happened in an Aldi supermarket, you do need to take some important steps to ensure you can build a strong case. Here are some of the vital steps to take:
- Keep a record of the expenses you have been subject to because of your accident. You will also need proof too.
- Get your medical report from your doctor.
- If your injuries are visible, take photographs of them.
- If there is any proof of an accident at the scene, take some photos.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Get in touch with Aldi about the incident so it can be recorded in the Aldi accident book.
- Write down everything you can remember about the incident.
I’ve had an accident in a Aldi store. How do I know if I have a claim?
You do not expect a simple shopping trip to end in injury, but it can, and does, happen. Depending on the type of accident you’ve experienced, and whose fault it was, you may be able to make an Aldi compensation claim.
Our team of specialist compensation lawyers will provide you with expert advice and let you know if you have a claim worth fighting for
I work at Aldi. Can I make a claim for an accident I have been involved in?
While Aldi stores may not appear a dangerous place to work, all workplaces can be dangerous if they are not maintained and managed effectively. No matter whether you want to make a claim due to an injury caused by incorrect training or you wish to launch a back-injury workers compensation claim, Firths can assist.