IGA Compensation Claims
IGA Supermarket Compensation Claims
IGA is a network of 1,400 indpendent stores . While IGA strives to uphold high standards, it is made up of many small retailers and there are occasions where accidents happen.
If you have been injured while at an IGA store, no matter whether you were doing your shopping, or you work there, you may be entitled to compensation.
What are the potential hazards at IGA supermarkets?
IGA are known for their small supermarkets. The number and variety of products found in one store can potentially lead to several different in-store hazards.
IGA like other business, has a responsibility to maintain a safe store. Some common grocery store safety issues that might present themselves at IGA include:
- Pallets of products partially blocking narrow aisles
- Faulty refrigeration and freezer cases leaking water
- Food debris in produce areas
- Discarded boxes near the self-bagging counter
- Wet floors near the store’s entrance and exit from rain or snow
- Slick aisles if products leak from packages
When these kinds of safety concerns are present in a supermarket, they have the potential to cause slip and fall accidents if they are not identified and corrected
I have been injured while at IGA, what do I do now?
If you have been injured due to an incident that happened in an IGA supermarket, you do need to take some important steps to ensure you can build a strong case. Here are some of the vital steps to take:
- Keep a record of the expenses you have been subject to because of your accident. You will also need proof too.
- Get your medical report from your doctor.
- If your injuries are visible, take photographs of them.
- If there is any proof of an accident at the scene, take some photos.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Get in touch with Aldi about the incident so it can be recorded in the accident book.
- Write down everything you can remember about the incident.
I’ve had an accident in a IGA store. How do I know if I have a claim?
You do not expect a simple shopping trip to end in injury, but it can, and does, happen. Depending on the type of accident you’ve experienced, and whose fault it was, you may be able to make an IGA compensation claim.
Our team of specialist compensation lawyers will provide you with expert advice and let you know if you have a claim worth fighting for
I work at an IGA store. Can I make a claim for an accident I have been involved in?
While IGA stores may not appear a dangerous place to work, all workplaces can be dangerous if they are not maintained and managed effectively. No matter whether you want to make a claim due to an injury caused by incorrect training or you wish to launch a back-injury workers compensation claim, Firths can assist.